Monday 6 September 2010

Nice but.........

No Mortgage, Nice car,(not quite true but a nice Ducatti motorbike!) great friends but no stories.
Actually, again, that is not quite true. Lost in the Himalayas on a Royal Enfield motorcycle (thanks Mr Chris Billington for saving my life).
Two near death experiences in consecutive years in the Maldives (Ditto Mr Bill Paget) and near dysentry in the Peruvian Andes (with no insurance) are just a few of my claims to fame in recent years and doubtless I could dine out on them for a few months.

This trip however will hopefully create a few more stories. Come wendesday I will be boarding the new 'double decker' A380-800 series aircraft bound for South East Asia and three months of adventure. I will be travelling alone and aim to do at least 8 countries by the end of November. While I will be visiting some of the capitals I will also be be going off the beaten track and using all modes of transport. I am planning to keep air travel to a miniumm.
Keep up with the blog on www.soloartwork.blogspot.com
Aided with my iPad I will be updating regularly, hopefully on a daily basis (if it goes more than three days please call the Foreign and Commonwealth office and report me missing ;-)
Rucksack is packed. Currency obtained and a first aid kit and meds to raise a few eyebrows i'm sure. I am now getting more than a little excited.
Next stop Dubai !

1 comment:

  1. Keep safe and have fun...looking forward to these blogs. The Foreign Office is on speed dial ;) xx

    ReplyDelete