Saturday 11 September 2010

Next stop Borneo

Up at 4.30 this morning to once again head out to KLIA for the two hour flight to Miri, Sarawak on Borneo.
I am really looking forward to seeing my sister, Lesley, her husband and the now three kids, Ross, Finlay and the new addition to the Dillon household, Emily Grace.
I'm particularly looking forward to catching up with the latest Ben 10 and Dora the Explorer episodes. In fact, I am Dora the explorer!

I had a great evening last night. I ventured out to ChinaTown once again to see it at night.

It was quite exciting during the day, but at night it is absolutely manic. Stalls of fake t-shirts, watches, bags videos are just everywhere. I spent a couple of hours wandering around. At almost every stall someone was trying to tempt me with their goodies.





A fruit stall in China Town.







ChinaTown by night.

Feeling a little thirsty and hungry I took the opportunity to recharge myself with dinner and a beer. Nasir goring, I national dish, served on a banana leaf. Tasty it was too.





The Malaysian national dish - Nasi Goring.

At 10 I headed back to the hotel in anticipation of an early night. Packed my bag and hit the bed. I must have slept for 90 mins then was wide awake. I had set the alarm for 4.30. I had a taxi booked for 6.00am for the 45 minute journey to KLIA?

At 1.00am I was wide awake. Fucking jet lag........

And the flight is delayed.....bollocks


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jalan Pantai,Miri,Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment