Friday 17 September 2010

An evening in Little India

My first evening in Singapore was great. Little India is a little like China Town but Indian. (not surprisingly).













One of the many temples in Little India

After a little evening promenade I called in at one of the backpacker pubs for a beer. Another little walk and then a couple more beers. I decided to eat at the Star Cafe and had a great meal of Chicken Tandoori, veg curry and roti, washed down with yet another beer for just £6.

Back to my hotel just after 10.30 and to bed. I have to say it was like sleeping in a disco, the noise ousted from the young revellers was keeping me awake so out came the ear plugs.. I hope the hotel does not set on fire. The cigarette burn on the blanket did not fill me with confidence!

I did sleep quite well although the air con was either too hot or too cold. I awoke at 9.00am. A good nights rest.

Outside the weather was appalling. Usually these tropical storms don't last too long so I decided to read my guide and fill in my blog. I must get to the train station today to book my tickets to Penang.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Madras St,,Singapore

No comments:

Post a Comment