Wednesday 8 September 2010

First stop United Arab Emirates - Dubai

I'm not pissed. Honest!!!

I actually only had the two bottles of wine and then took full advantage of my three seats and had a small power nap.

I had a small panic attack when I did wake. The groin area of my cargo pants was wet through. Fuck!
No drama, I had been leaning on the mini pack Boots handy wipes (with Tea Tree) and the rather embarrassing damp patch was Tea Tree juice rather than urine. Panic over, I am told that incontinence creeps up on us retirees so I don't feel that unjustified to have been concerned.

So here I am in Dubai again. Only a three hour transit stop. Two and a half hour too many is a view. I'm not fan of the airport or the city.

I've only ever stayed in Dubai once, why would you? It's plastic, expensive and pretentious. It was on the way back from Christmas in the Maldives. To be fair I did have a nice time, but that was more down to Bill and Katrina's company rather than the city. It's promise as an Aladdin's cave of electrical goodies was unfullfilled. A huge shopping mall inside and a huge building site outside in the city. My snot was black for days after that city tour on the open top bus.

I may venture back to the city one day. Perhaps when it's finished !

The three hours in the airport feels like three days. It's 2.00am and the place is swarming. It's rather like stroking a cat backwards too. Everyone is going in the other direction.
It's been a long day so far and I'm knackered. I'm really hoping there is some room on the flight to KL to get some sleep.

As we travel through more time zones I will arrive in KL at around 3.00pm.



Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Dubai,United Arab Emirates

1 comment:

  1. wet patch - done that before too !!!
    lol - classic

    kitty
    x

    ReplyDelete