Sunday 7 August 2011

Another nice morning - We'll soon change that!

It was a lovely morning, again, bright sunshine and quite warm. I was up early. The plan was to do some sightseeing.
I had breakfast, a full English, at the curry kitchen. It was a great location, overlooking the tiny streets of Thamel and the hustle and bustle of a sunday morning. After a nice relaxing couple of hours I set out to the supermarket to get toiletries, shampoo, body gel and deodorant. I had left stuff at Chiang Mai to save carrying it. Back to the hotel to drop it off. Took in 3kg of washing and was about to get a cab to Durbar Square when the heavens opened. I'm still in the room now at 5.30. Got quite a lot more of the transposing done though, and updated the blog. Hopefully I will get out later. I still haven't had a beer in KTM and it's my third day!


















I did get out later, much later due to the weather. It seems to piss it down every single day at about 5.00pm. At least the power stayed on. Hungry at about 9.00pm I hopped, (in the rain) across to Thamel. I didn't fancy a meal but I could have killed for a few Pakora. Could I find any, could I fuck. Eventually I settled for a bag of crisps and a bottle of chilled beer from the little shop in the alley between my hotel and Thamel. I could not resist his pitch " why pay 160 when you can pay 14o here." Why indeed!

The evening was spend writing up my course notes between swigs of "Everest" beer......

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


Location:Paknajol Rd,Kathmandu,Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment