Wednesday 21 July 2010

A relaxing day by the pool (sort of)

The hotel here in Pathos is OK. Today we actually managed to get up for breakfast. That is despite the fact that I was kept awake till the early hours by the couple next door shagging like rabbits. The walls are not particularly thick but add to that the adjoining door and I was treated to the hard core audio performance of a screaming banshee. Apparently if we had gone all inclusive they would have opened the adjoining door. I was a little disappointed that the hotel hadn't advertised that the beds all had plastic liners. I could have saved myself some valuable luggage weight by not packing my incontinence pants. At least I can now drink as much Stella as I like and bugger the consequences.

The Crown Horizon Resort hotel is listed as a four star. I would dispute that but it is reasonably clean and our only experience of the food, albeit a little 'Butlin' like, was breakfast this morning and it was as reasonable as european breakfasts go.
There is a distinct shortage of sun beds here and the occupants of the hotel have adopted the Germanic mannerisms of getting up at the crack of dawn to claim their territory. I didn't join in having had an interrupted slumber due to the sexual antics of our neighbours. Be did intend to go down the the beach but wandering though the gardens of the hotel we happened on a couple of sun beds so claimed them immediately.
A pleasant few hours later and moderately red from not applying any of the numerous half used bottles of various factor suncream I had brought with me I went for my late afternoon siesta. Matt was already asleep. As expected the first few days of the holiday. Catching up on sleep after four thirteen hour shifts in the A and E department of hospital.

Yesterday was a full day of sleep with a short excursion out for lunch so I had to occupy myself reading my book while observing my fellow holiday makers What the hotel lacks in sun beds it makes up for in Chav's. While familiar with the phrase I dint think I have really come across a 'Chav' close up before. That is till we arrived in Manchester Airport on Sunday. While having a drink in the terminal 1 bar we were treated to some choice language, followed by raised voices and closely after a 'youth' kicking a table full of drinks over his girlfriend. I have to say that, given we were sitting under a closed circuit camera the speed at which any sort of 'security' arrived was not as expected. The detritus was swept away and it was a good half hour before a couple of armed police came to 'have a word'. Clearly pissed, the gentleman was spoken to and sent on his way. Surprisingly he was on our flight, where despite the fact that the police had alerted the airline. (the captain mentioned the intolerance of drunken behaviour in his pre-flight announcement) the flight attendants continued to ply the individual and the rest of his group with more (a lot more) alcohol.
I'm surprised they were surprised when ,lo and behold he began to kick off again, this time at 37,000 feet above Croatia. Fortunately he wasn't in our hotel.

So all in all a relaxing day. I'm as red as a lobster. Matt decided that to get a consistent tan he would use Veet to remove his body hair. (this looks uncannily like the fondant that I use for my pink cup cakes) and he looks uncannily like one of those newborn creatures that should have fur but currently don't.
We are eating out this evening having decided that we will launch ourselves gradually into the communal tourist scene.......






Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Coral Bay Ave,Peyia,Cyprus

No comments:

Post a Comment