Wednesday 7 July 2010

The Germans are coming... The Germans are coming.....

My dear German friends Christine and Volker are coming over to visit me this weekend and I am so looking foward to it.

We do see each other a couple of times a year but it is still really nice to have them visit 'old blighty' and experience our English hospitality. I have hired a car for the weekend and plan to take them out into Derbyshire to see the delights of an English summer and enjoy some English food. (I still don't have a car but guess I am offsetting my carbon footprint for my 3 month trip to South East Asia which will doubtless involve a few flights).
 It will probably be good deal cooler as they are apparently experiencing a heat wave in Bochum  (twinned with Sheffield I'll have you know).

They arrive around 9.30 in Manchester. Christine feels she may starve if she does not eat during the journey but I have suggested that she has a snackette at the airport and  I will have some supper prepared when we get back. That way I can have a drink - after all, it is Friday !

No comments:

Post a Comment