Monday 5 July 2010

A busy Weekend

Well......
Monday morning and I certainly feel my age!
Spent all of Saturday helping my mate David move house and then Sunday pulling up the for conifers at the rear of the Ballroom at they were starting to look a little jaded. As I fell out of bed at 8.30 on Sunday feeling as though I had just had two knee and hip replacements, I have to confess, I know exactly how they feel. However, by the end of the day they were in well and truly dead and strategically placed in a dozen or so bin bags.
David is not the most organised person I have ever met ! I have moved house four times now and stuff has always been neatly boxed up and labeled some weeks before the big day. Naively, Jason  (who was also helping) and I thought that's what everyone did. Think again.......

We arrived  (it's actually only next door), as requested, at 11.00 to find that pretty much nothing had been done. It was going to be a busy day. David rents the house from Jason and has done for a few years. Having just had a little one with his wife Deb's ( who decided to go to Canada for a month and leave David to sort the move out )

Not only were we lugging furniture but we had to pack the all his other stuff too. It was heavy work and at 9.00pm we were finally done. David has a new nick name, the Bag, Box and Bed man. 6 beds in a three bedroom house and there were more boxes than you can shake a stick at. He must have saved the box from everything he had bought in the last five years. Pity he didn't put anything in them ! And the Bags ! hundreds of them.....

I fell into my bed at 11.00 exhausted !

Sunday was gardening day. The small back garden had weeds the size of small trees. I have to say, David was conspicuous by his absence. Jason set about clearing it, putting down a membrane and depositing 15 bags of stone chips. I had my garden to sort out which basically meant taking up four 10 ft conifers and chopping them down to a size that could fit into a car and be transported to the local municipal tip. Again, it was a full day but we got them both done ( much to the delight of some nameless members of the residents association).

Unfortunatley the municiple tip was closed for 'green waste' - what do I pay my poll tax for please ? I never call the police, I'm already subsidising the council by travelling on public transport at extortionate prices, and i've never had a fire ! granted the roads are in quite good nick but 200 quid a month seems a little excessive.
Anyway, loads of green waste at the back of the house, only a motorbike to transport it... rant over.

That was my weekend !!!

Fortunatley life at the moment is one long weekend so who give a shit !  Not I sir !

No comments:

Post a Comment