Tuesday 8 June 2010

Testing BlogPress

I've just spent quite a long while setting up a "blog" account. I had previously had my own website but after a big falling out with my hosting company I decided to bin the blogging website and move http://www.soloartwork.com/, my art website, to a new hosting company, taking the opportunity to do a bit of redesign and making it a little easier to manage using up to date technology. The blogsite is http://soloartwork.blogspot.com/

My old blog was more of a diary, there was no functionality to add comments. Google's 'Blogger' looked ideal. And even better, it was free. I set about pulling it all together and transferring some of the detail from my old website onto the new blog. After a few hours work it now seems that 'Blogger' does not work with iPad.
Bollocks!
The beauty of iPad and iPhone is you just switch them on and away you go. No waiting for the laptop or netbook to boot up and all that nonsense, it's pretty immediate, consequently I was a bit miffed that it didn't seem to work with the mobile
Is all lost? I think maybe not. I found this neat little app called BlogPress.
So let's see if it works..... It was only £1.79 so it's not the end of the world if it's crap. Will be ideal for my travels.

update- 8/6/2010 - Oh ye of little faith, it seems to work a treat. Obviously it does not have the full functionality but it is fine. I have quite a few people asking when the blog will be up and running so here goes. One nice little feature of Blogpress is the locations it gives when blogging on the move. It shows the reader where you are in the world when you post the blog. Wicked !

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment