Friday 18 March 2011

Homeward Bound..... But not for me!

The month of Matt's visit was great. It was really nice to spend time with him, but it was over too soon.

Matt had the 9.50 Emirates flight from KLIA, the international terminal to Dubai and then onwards to Manchester. Because it was such an early flight we decided to fly from Miri to KL the night before and stay in a hotel. Having experienced the Empress in Sempang before I booked us into the Tune hotel at the LCTT airport. Tune is a budget hotel owned by Air Asia. I had been warned that the rooms were extremely small but the price was right and it would only be for one night for Matt although I was going to be there for two nights as my flight to Hong Kong was the day after Matt flew back and at 6:50 in the morning.

As we checked in we were not disappointed, the rooms were indeed small. The model tune operate is that you pay for the room is the base cost and the everything else is extra, and I mean everything else. You pay for towel, air conditioning and Wi-Fi access.

After checking in we cheered ourselves up with a KFC in the food court by the airport and then a beer in the area just outside the entrance to the hotel. Not an unpleasant evening.

We took the cheap inter Airport shuttle bus to KLIA and after some breakfast at one of the cafes I saw Moo off through immigration and customs in plenty of time to get his flight.

I did sit in the viewing gallery of the airport till the Emirates flight took off. I spent the rest of the day wandering around the airport bored stiff. I couldn't be bothered with going into KL and also only had 7 hours Air-con credit and it was quite warm, so wanted to save it. I was in bed quite early after couple of beers. I had an early start.......


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Kuala Lumpur, Malaysian Peninsular

No comments:

Post a Comment