Thursday 9 December 2010

Santa comes to town......

Well, it was great to be back in civilisation but after only a couple of days I was getting the 'wunderlust' and looking for my next trip. The plan was to stay in Miri till the 17th December then we are all going to Bali for Christmas. After that the only plans on the agenda are a few days diving in Sipidan, one of the best dive sites in the world.
My extended stay in South East Asia meant that I needed to get my post shipped out. Wayne and Vicky had kindly agreed to visit the house and post this, together with my dive computer, to one of Lesley's friends who was returning to Miri on Christmas day. That would give me the opportunity to pay any bills that were outstanding.
Before that I had another surprise. I was to be Santa Claus at the nursery party!
It was great fun. There were about 20 kids, all under 4 who I had to give Christmas presents with. This caused much amusement on Facebook, I can tell you.






During the evening we all went to a Malay birthday party. Very interesting, I met a loverly lady, Malaysian, who gave me some good ideas for trips within Borneo. I shall look into that as a potential for early January.

The weather in the UK continues to be very wintery. Some 2 ft of snow in Chesterfield which has brought the town to a standstill. I'm so pleased I am missing that.

Today I have been into school and listened to a group of P1 kids read. That is a great experience. While I have been doing this with Finlay for the past couple of months it was interesting and fascinating to hear kids, all under 5 years old reading in their second language, English. Very impressive. Later on in the morning I went to the school sports day to watch Ross play soccer. It had pissed it down again during the night so the pitch was a quagmire. Consequently Ross needed another pair of shoes for the afternoon.

As we will be away for Christmas day Lesley is going to cook a Christmas dinner on the 15th. It would be daft to take gifts to Bali because of the excess baggage so I need to get my finger out and get some Christmas shopping done at the weekend.

You can't get away from it!!!!! Ho Bloody Ho ......


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jalan Pantai,Miri,Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment