Sunday 4 December 2011

4th December:- Back to Delhi..... Again

I had arranged a taxi from Candolim to the airport which was about 50 minutes drive. Most things were cheap in Goa but the taxi cost me about £11 quid.
I had arranged things so I could stay near the airport and not have the hassle of going back into town.

I was flying with Spice Jet back to New Delhi. The airport and Goa is quite small although it does cater for international flights, indeed, quite a few flights from the UK come over for package holidays. While I was waiting in the departure lounge there was a flight back to Manchester. Strangely I wasn't even slightly homesick a ND certainly didn't wish I was on that flight. A slight delay of an hour but the plane took just 2:30 to get back to New Delhi. I was really pleased that I had decided not to go back to Delhi. The hotel I had booked through booking.com was ideal. Only 10 minutes from the airport. As usual, the taxi driver had some problems finding the place . There is a street not far from the airport that has literally hundreds of hotels, from budget to five star. I was obviously staying budget although it was slightly more expensive than the normal Indian experience. It was rather like fawlty towers. I paid my bill by cash and was also offered an extension for 200 rupees per hour. This was ideal as the flight from Delhi to Bangkok wasn't until 8:30 in the evening ( when I originally booked it had been 11:30 in the evening).

Just down the street was a restro bar. I had a bar meal which, after the delicious food in Goa was bothe forgettable and very expensive. As was the beer!!! I did have a good nights sleep and spent the morning watching TV before leaving the hotel at about 3:00pm . I deliberately tried to get a good nights sleep as I had the prospect of 28 hours in Bangkok airport. When I had first booked the flight it got into BKK at 6:00am. This was really too close for comfort as the flight on to Denpasar, Bali left at 6:30. With Air Asia changing the times of the flight it meant that I could have gone to Bali the day before. I did not think it would be too uncomfortable to stay at the airport rather than pay two nights in a hotel ( and only getting one!)

Indra Ghandi airport is very nice. I treated myself to a McDonald's and the flight left on time. I got a good seat and settled down for a snooze.. Next stop Bangkok...

No comments:

Post a Comment