Saturday 10 December 2011

10th December:- A few hours in Sydney

The flight from Darwin to Sydney was long, that said, I did have two seats so got a bit of sleep. I was arriving in Sydney at 2:30 and would be flying out to Adelaide later that afternoon at 4:20 for a relatively short flight. I was getting quite excited looking forward to meeting Matt later that afternoon. I landed at the domestic terminal and then, after collecting my luggage made my way to terminal 3 which is the Qantas terminal. It's all self service and very smart. After dumping my baggage I made myself through security and then headed straight to the Hungry Jacks for some food. I was starving having not rated at all on Friday. I could have actually got an early flight but it was still only a couple of hours to wait.

It went quite quickly, I seem to have spend a disproportionate amount of time in airports just recently. Checking in I changed my seat to a window and emergency exit seat, a bit more room!

It was amusing to see the average age of the flight attendants, it must have been 60, quite possibly older than the ageing plane. We did get food though, and to my glee a nice bottle of red wine. The first real wine I had drunk for several months. It was bliss. We landed on time and as I made myself into the arrival lounge I was quite excited to see Moo. There he was, unfortunately he had not made a sign but never mind. He had arrived in Adelaide a few days before and had booked into a motel not far away from the airport. Despite this we managed to get lost...

It was quite a nice place, a kitchenette, a separate bedroom and quite large. We had a subway for dinner and a bottle of wine. An early night as we had an early start for the rather long drive to Leigh Creek which would be home for the next 6 weeks.

It was great to seemafriendly face after so long.

No comments:

Post a Comment