Saturday 2 July 2011

Time to move on

On the 29th of June I moved close to where I would be studying. The Sa nguan Malee Mansions were a little bit out of town, not far from the airport and just across the road from Chiang Mai university. It was cheap and the training course was going to be held in the building so it was very convenient. I had booked a deluxe room. At just 600bht for the month this was very reasonable. It was a 6 floor building and my room was on the 5th floor overlooking the jungle and hills surrounding the city.

The only disadvantage was that building was being erected next door. No complaints though. The room was OK. Had a small balcony, a TV and Air Con. Wireless was available in the lobby but only wired Internet in the room. Shit, I knew I should have brought my net book! The price of the room did not include electricity, the weather closer to the hills was a tad cooler so I made a decision that I would be conservative with the Aircon. My little savings plan for OZ.

I got my bearings pretty quickly. A short walk and there were shops and restaurants. The now ubiquitous 7-11 was also not far away. I found a nice little grill bar and for the first couple of nights had dinner there then spend the rest of the rime relaxing and reading. It was nice with the patio door open at night, laid or sitting reading and listening to the sounds of the jungle outside.

July the 4th would be soon here and I had a feeling that it was going to be hard work...


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Suthep 5,Mueang Chiang Mai,Thailand

No comments:

Post a Comment