Thursday 20 January 2011

Diving in Sipidan

One of the guys I had been travelling with in the Philippines had suggested doing a spot of diving in Sipadan. Sipadan is recognised as one of the best dive sites in the world. Andrew had done a lot of work in the background approaching various dive companies to obtain quotes for a package that included some time actually in Sipadan. In the interests of conservation the relevant authority issues a limited number of permits. These permits are like rocking horse shit..... Very hard to come by.

Not only did Andrew secure permits for two days diving, he also got a very attractive rate and the dive accommodation was on a converted oil rig......

Ding Dong........

On the 20th January, I headed up to Kota Kinabalu to meet Andrew and Jono. Jono was going to hang about KK while Andrew and I took the short flight to Tawau.

After checking in at a KK backpackers hostel I met up with the lads for a few drinks. My intention was to get a reasonably early night as we needed to be up at 4.30 to catch the air Asia flight.

The best laid plans of mice and men. It got really messy and I ended up staggering into my pit at 2.30


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Jalan K.K. Bypass,Kota Kinabalu,Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment