Sunday 23 October 2011

23rd October :- Pokhara, and so it continues

So my 12 days in Pokhara is coming to an end. Despite the fact that the most energetic thing I've done is a leisurely walk in the park I've chilled and had a good time.

I'm probably the only person here who hasn't been (or intend to go trekking). I have spent my time reading, gentle walking and unashamedly stuffing my face 10 steak dinners and 11 American breakfasts later I'm feeling much 'fatter' my face has filled out quite a bit and I've lost that 'jowly' look.
I've been particularly unadventurous food wise, sticking to the same restaurant and the same meal. My objective was to get some weight on. I now know how those film stars do it, it's quite easy!!!

Pokhara is so unlike anywhere else in Nepal. It is unashamedly touristic. It doesn't pretend to be anything else. Thamel in Kathmandu is very touristic but pretends to be a bit 'bohemian' and 'mysterious' Pokhara on the other hand is not pretending, it's got nothing to hide. A brilliant location. When the clouds are up the view is wonderful. There is plenty to keep you busy if you like walking. I'm sure there are much more spectacular views to be had if I could have taken the trouble. For once I was holidaymaker, not traveller or explorer.

So tomorrow it's back to Kathmandu. 8 hours on the rickety bus. I'm not particularly looking forward to that aspect of it although I do look forward not having to force feed myself with that American breakfast at Once Upon a Time........


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Pokhara, Nepal

No comments:

Post a Comment